When you look in the mirror, are you unhappy with the reflection staring back at you? Perhaps you have put on some weight over the years and you’ve decided that enough is enough; you’re ready to embark on your weight loss journey. But before you dive in, there are some truths about belly fat loss that you need to know about.
Fat Loss is Your Responsibility
Many people are overweight or have excess fat as a result of reasons outside of their control. Perhaps your immediate relatives are on the heavier side, or maybe a thyroid issue has made it difficult for you to lose weight. Still, the fact remains that fat loss remains your responsibility, even if your weight isn’t entirely your fault. Once you come to acknowledge and accept this, you can get on the right path to success.
There Are Simple Principles
Believe it or not, there are some very basic yet accurate principles and rules for belly fat loss, and they’re completely based in science and nutrition. For example, did you know that if you burn 3,500 calories more than you consume, you’ll lose one pound of fat? For most people, this means that cutting out 500 calories per day can lead to weight loss of one pound per week. That’s four pounds per month, or 20 pounds in just five months!
It Starts By Finding the Root Cause
Everybody has different needs when it comes to fat loss. For example, maybe you already follow a relatively healthy, low-calorie diet. Cutting out 500 calories per day might not be healthy; instead, you may be having trouble losing fat because you live a sedentary lifestyle. To see results, you’ll need to begin making time for 30-60 minutes (or more) of exercise each day. Everybody’s causes of being overweight are different, so it’s a matter of determining yours and making the appropriate lifestyle changes.
Success Requires a Lifestyle Change
Speaking of lifestyle changes, be ready to commit for the long haul. Losing fat takes a lot of work, and if you see this as a “diet” that you can quit once you achieve your results, you’ll likely end up even worse off than you were before you started. Long-term health and fitness requires you to look beyond dieting and towards a total lifestyle change.
Now that you know the truth about fat loss, are you ready to get started on the path to a healthier you? Contact us today for the resources you need to get started.
These days, people are leading busier and more hectic lives than ever before. If this applies to you, then you probably know all too well just how easy it can be to slip into bad habits in terms of your health. On some days, for example, it might be tempting to pick up dinner at the local fast-food drive-thru rather than cook a fresh, healthy meal. But if you’re ready to prioritize your health, well being, and happiness, then Altrua HealthShare has a program for you. The COR: 6 Fitness Program is specifically designed to help you make healthy eating and regular exercise a lifelong habit in just 21 days.
Upon joining Altrua HealthShare’s online health and wellness program, you’ll enjoy a number of benefits.
Reflect and Set Personal Goals
At the onset of your program, you’ll begin by reflecting on your life and determine which changes you’d like to make in terms of your health and wellness. Each week, you’ll write down one personal goal and one health goal to achieve. These could be anything from spending more time with your family and drinking more water to performing better at work and taking a run every day.
Track Your Progress
Once you’ve set your goals, The COR: 6 Fitness Program will have you log your current body composition measurements so that you can track your progress week after week. On the same day each week, you’ll track everything from your BMI and body fat percentage to your chest, waist, and thigh measurements. As each week passes and you stick to pursuing your goals, you’ll be motivated by your progress.
Discover Your Truths
Many people have a hard time finding success with weight loss and exercise programs because they simply haven’t found the program that’s right for them; The COR: 6 Fitness Program acknowledges and is built on the premise that everybody is different. What works for one person may not work for you. It’s all about discovering your truths and figuring out what works for you.
Learn Healthier Eating Habits
Included with the 21-day food journal and meal plans, the COR: 6 Fitness Program makes it easy for you to stay on track and keep your body properly fueled. By keeping track of what you eat and sticking with the recommended food options, your body will have the nutrients and energy it needs to perform its best.
Interested in learning more about The COR: 6 Fitness Program? Contact us today; we would be happy to help you get started on your health and wellness journey.
For many people, finding the right health insurance plan is a difficult task; however, with the Affordable Care Act in place, insurance is a must—or is it? There is another option… a Health Care Sharing Ministry. This alternative option allows you to contribute to a membership of like-minded individuals each month and when medical needs arise, the membership shares in your medical need.
Discover Notable Advantages of Choosing a Faith-Based Health Care Sharing Ministry:
- The Process is Easy – From a patient standpoint, using Altrua HealthShare program is much like using insurance. A monthly contribution is put into an escrow account. When an eligible medical need arises, the membership will help share in your medical need. Members simply present their member ID card to their medical provider when seeking services and it serves as a typical insurance card would.
- Members Are Exempt from ACA Penalties – The Affordable Care Act dictates that many people are “forced” to obtain coverage to avoid fines from the US Government. Belonging to a Christian Health Care Sharing Ministry, like Altrua HealthShare, means that members are exempt from those penalties. The ACA website explains a bit more how these exemptions work.
- Contribution Share is Manageable – With changes in healthcare over the past few years, many people have found that the cost of health insurance premiums have skyrocketed. According to statisticbrain.com the average cost of insurance for a family in the United States is over $15,000 per year. In many cases, the costs of a health sharing contribution are much less—making it manageable for small business owners and others who might not be able to afford standard insurance.
- Flexible – Health sharing programs work for singles, couples and those with large families. The way the membership program works is fair and balanced and works well for many families.
- Extensive Provider List – While the list of providers that insurance companies accept seem to be shrinking, health sharing programs are growing in popularity and seem to be allowing MORE flexibility with providers than in the past.
- Superior Customer Care – Working with a faith-based health care sharing ministry means that CARE is a top priority.
While the concept of Altrua HealthShare may be new to you, it is a great alternative to insurance for many individuals and families. If you would like to learn more about Altrua HealthShare, we invite you to contact us for more information. Our team looks forward to hearing from you.