For All Altrua HealthShare Gold, Silver, Bronze and Copper Members
We are excited to have partnered with Careington International Corporation to offer the Healthy Living Plan with our membership. The Healthy Living Plan offers discount options for dental, vision, hearing, prescription medicine as well as telemedicine which our members absolutely love. The Healthy Living Plan is simple to use and allows members to take better control of their health and wellness as well as health costs as a self-pay patient.
By joining Altrua HealthShare, members can take full advantage of the Healthy Living Plan options immediately and get access to many of the healthcare professionals in your area. Just present your Membership ID Card and take advantage of additional healthcare discounts.
Join Altrua HealthShare Today!
Careington POS Dental Network—Dental
Members may take advantage of savings offered by an industry leader in dental care. Careington International Corporation is one of the most recognized professional dental networks in the nation and boasts one of the largest dental networks nationally with a focus on neighborhood dentists. Careington networks are a leader in member-transparent pricing with robust fee schedules.
Careington Dental Plan Features:
- Save 20% to 50% on most dental procedures including routine oral exams, unlimited cleanings, and major work such as dentures, root canals, and crowns
- 20% savings on orthodontics including braces and retainers for children and adults
- 20% reduction on specialist’s normal fees. Specialties include: Endodontics, Oral Surgery, Pediatric Dentistry, Periodontics, and Prosthodontics where available
- Cosmetic dentistry such as bonding and veneers also included
- All dentists must meet highly selective credentialing standards based on education, background, license standing and other requirements
- Members may visit any participating dentist on the plan and change providers at any time
|Description||* Regular Cost||** Plan Cost||Savings $||Savings %|
|Four Bitewing X-rays||$85||$38||$47||55%|
|Composite (white) Filling Code||$201||$91||$110||55%|
|Crown (porcelain fused to noble metal)||$1,424||$742||$682||48%|
|Complete Upper Denture||$2,047||$985||$1,062||52%|
|Molar Root Canal||$1,382||$718||$664||48%|
|Extraction (single tooth)||$240||$100||$140||58%|
*Regular cost is based on the national average of the 80th percentile usual and customary rates as detailed in the 2015 FairHealth Report in the Los Angeles, Orlando, Chicago and New York City metropolitan statistical areas.
**These fees represent the average of the assigned Careington Care POS fees in the Los Angeles, Orlando, Chicago and New York City metropolitan statistical areas. Prices subject to change.
Members save 5% to 30% off the retail price of eyewear with the Superior Vision discount program. Members are eligible for discounts on exams, eyeglasses, contact lenses, and LASIK at more than 40,000 participating provider locations. Comprehensive eye exams can help detect signs of serious health conditions like glaucoma, diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
|Service||Regular Cost*||Plan Cost||Typical Member Savings|
|Single Vision Lenses||$80||$40||$40|
*Represents national average retail costs comparing to Member Fee Schedule. The actual savings may vary based on amount purchased and location. This plan is not insurance.
Members will receive discounts on LASIK that are available at approximately 600 locations nationwide*. All in-network providers extend discounts of 15% off standard prices or 5% off promotional prices. All surgeons must also meet strict credentialing standards in order to be in-network.
Members receive discounts exclusively available through LasikPlus, the featured provider:
- 15% off standard prices or 5% off promotional prices or special member prices
- Free exam (over $100 value)
- Free enhancements for life on most procedures
|Special Member Prices|
Free enhancements for 1 year
Free enhancements for life
Free enhancements for life
*Product not available in MT *Nearsightedness better than -2, with astigmatism better than -1 and other restrictions may apply.
MyTelemedicine is a modern healthcare solution for non-emergency illnesses. With this program, members and their family will have direct access to consult with physicians in their state 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to treat common ailments. Through the physician network, members have access to interact with a physician, a pediatrician, or even a behavioral therapist. Consultations can take place by phone call, email or a web-based video call, and will include discussing treatment options. When medically appropriate, the physician may prescribe a short term, non-DEA controlled medication for the member to pick up at the pharmacy of their choice.
- When your Physician is not available
- After normal hours of operation
- For non-emergency care
- While on vacation or a business trip
Through consultation with licensed physicians, you can receive on-demand professional guidance for the following:
|Cold or Flu||Sinus Conditions||Allergies|
|Respiratory Infections||Bronchitis||Pink Eye|
|Urinary Tract Infections||Poison Ivy||Heartburn|
Disclaimer: *MyTelemedicine does not guarantee that a prescription will be written. MyTelemedicine does not prescribe DEA controlled substances, lifestyle drugs and certain other drugs which may be harmful because of their potential for abuse. MyTelemedicine physicians reserve the right to deny care for potential misuse of services. Please visit www.careington.com/mytelemedicine for a complete list of state availability.
EPIC Hearing Healthcare—Hearing
Careington members have access to hearing aid discounts from 30% to 60% at over 5,000 EPIC Hearing network providers nationwide. EPIC Hearing Centers also offer the latest technology for hearing aids and accessories as well as wireless capabilities for television and cellular devices.
EPIC offers a satisfaction guarantee—Members have a 45-day, no-obligation trial period on products purchased. If a member is not completely satisfied, their money will be refunded (less applicable state & restocking fees).
Members can unlock additional savings, visit www.listenhearlivewell.com. Members will complete 4 fun educational activities, which include:
- View a brief video and learn about hearing health
- Take a quiz about hearing loss
- Complete an online hearing screening to identify signs of hearing loss
- Learn more about stages of hearing loss and hearing gain technology
After completing these activities, members will receive a congratulatory email with a reward coupon that is to be used on a hearing aid purchase through EPIC Hearing Healthcare.
Members will also receive additional services at no extra charge:
- Routine hearing test
- One-year supply of batteries per instrument (per hearing aid)
- Extended, three-year manufacturer’s warranty including loss or damage (standard is one to two years)
- Follow-up visits for one year (valued at $439, assuming no greater than six visits)
- Pricing starting as low as $495 for digital, brand name hearing aids (including the professional services)
Additional RX Services
- Members will have access to savings between 15% to 60% off the retail price of generic drugs and 10% to 25% off the retail price of brand name drugs at over 68,000 participating pharmacies nationwide including Safeway, CVS, Duane Reade, Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens, Rite Aid and many more.
- Members have access to an interactive website that allows users to locate the nearest participating pharmacy and accurately check the current costs of drugs. Even if members have prescription benefits through a Health Insurance carrier, a comparison of costs between the two programs should be performed to determine the most savings.
- By utilizing this powerful tool, members can make educated cost-saving decisions.
- A simple blood test is necessary for the prevention or early detection of diseases. The earlier a problem is identified, the easier and more likely it is to be treated.
- DirectLabs (DLS) is the leader in direct access laboratory testing.
- DLS offers a wide variety of important health and wellness blood chemistry tests at discounted prices, saving members 10% to 80% off regular retail pricing at over 3,000 certified labs nationwide*.
Take charge of your health and wellness and order today! No doctor’s visit required.
*Not available in HI, MD, NY, NJ, RI or MA. **ND, SD and VT offer Specialty Lab testing only
Health Care Products
Better Living Now, Inc. (BLN) is a managed care provider of healthcare products and services, specializing in the needs of patients with chronic conditions. From medical appliances and supplies to home medical equipment, BLN can be a member’s single source for all their vitamin and nutrition or durable medical equipment needs.
BLN brings these values to the member:
- Free shipping and choice of free gift with first order
- Durable Medical Equipment—20% to 30% off of retail price
- Disposable Medical Supplies—20% to 40% off of retail price
- Nutritional Supplements and Daily Living Aids—20% to 25% off of retail price
- No shipping charges for orders that are $100 or more. Shipping is a flat $7.95 for orders under $100
- BLN ships up to a 90–day supply and the BLN care coordinators send a replacement notification before the supplies run out
- No complicated forms to fill out and no inconvenient trips to the pharmacy
Most of Better Living Now’s high quality products come with a 30–day, 100% satisfaction guarantee. Some products have restrictions or cannot be returned.
A premier diagnostic scheduling service that provides Careington members and their family with savings from 10% to 60% on advanced imaging procedures at over 2,400 radiology facilities nationwide.* This program was specially designed to reduce the out-of-pocket costs on MRI, CT and PET scans.
Imaging Service Includes:
- VIP Appointment scheduling within 48 hours
- Preferred after hours and weekend appointments often available
- Appointment reminder call and email direction to the facility
- Access to a high quality, fully credentialed facility
*Not all locations may accept orders from other countries. Please notify scheduling specialist in advance so they can verify if participating providers will accept such orders.
This product is not available in HI, VT and WY.
US Imaging Network, LLC and/or INA, LLC are not affiliated with US Imaging, Inc.
The ChooseHealthy® program provides members with access to a wide variety of credentialed specialty health care practitioners.
With this program, members can:
- Choose from more than 31,000 credentialed specialty health care practitioners, including more than 23,000 contracted chiropractors.
- Receive a 25% discount off normal fees for services. Specialty health care includes services from chiropractors, massage therapists, acupuncturists and registered dietitians.
- Access practitioners directly without a physician referral and may change practitioners at any time.
- Receive discounts on a wide variety of health and wellness products including vitamins, minerals, supplements, skin care times, homeopathic remedies, health-related books/DVDs, fitness and sports nutrition products, with free shipping.
Please note that this is a discount program; it is not insurance. You should check any insurance benefits you have before using this discount program, as those benefits may result in lower costs to you than using this discount program. The discount program provides for discount specialty health care services from participating practitioners. You are obligated to pay for all health care services but will receive a discount from those health care practitioners who have contracted with the discount program. The discount program does not make payments directly to the participating providers in the discount program. The discount program has no liability for providing or guaranteeing service and assumes no liability for the quality of service rendered.
ChooseHealthy is a federally registered trademark of American Specialty Health Incorporated and used with permission herein.
THIS PLAN IS NOT INSURANCE and is not intended to replace health insurance. This plan does not meet the minimum creditable coverage requirements under M.G.L. c.111M and 956 CMR 5.00. This plan is not a Qualified Health Plan under the Affordable Care Act. This is not a Medicare prescription drug plan. The range of discounts will vary depending on the type of provider and service. The plan does not pay providers directly. Plan members must pay for all services but will receive a discount from participating providers. The list of participating providers is at [applicable website]. A written list of participating providers is available upon request. You may cancel within the first 30 days after receipt of membership materials and receive a full refund, less a nominal processing fee (nominal fee for MD residents is $5, AR and TN residents will be refunded processing fee). Discount Medical Plan Organization and administrator: Careington International Corporation, 7400 Gaylord Parkway, Frisco, TX 75034; phone 800-441-0380.
This plan is not available in Vermont or Washington.