Services & Discounts for Members
For Diamond, Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby Members
Membership includes access to services and discounts that help our members maintain a healthy emotional, mental and physical lifestyle. These are available through Careington International Corporation and include savings on dental, vision and hearing plus telemedicine. Taking advantage of these is simple and allows members to take better control of their health and wellness as well as health costs as a self-pay patient.
Healthy Living services & discounts provided by:
DialCare is a modern, easy-to-use telemedicine solution for non-emergency illnesses and general care. Members have direct access to state-licensed and fully credentialed doctors, via phone or video consultations, to receive treatment and advice for common ailments, including colds, the flu, rashes and more. Doctors are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, allowing members and their families convenient access to quality care from home, work or on the go. When medically appropriate, a DialCare doctor may prescribe a short term, non-DEA controlled medication that they can pick up at the pharmacy of their choice. Members can conveniently connect with a doctor with no consult fee.
What conditions can be treated?
- Respiratory infections
- Sinus infections
- Insect bites
- Skin inflammations
- Cold & flu
- Sore throat
- Digestive issues
- Joint aches & pains
- Sports injuries
- Ear infections
- Urinary tract infections
- And more!
When to use DialCare:
- For non-emergency medical issues and questions
- During or after normal business hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- If member lives a significant distance from a primary care doctor
- When a primary care doctor is not available
- When traveling and in need of non-urgent medical care or advice
*Not available in MA.
Members of Altrua HealthShare, their dependents and immediate family members (spouse, parent, sibling, or child) are eligible to utilize free & confidential help with personal and work-related issues—24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Additional RX Services
- Members will have access to savings between 15% to 60% off the retail price of generic drugs and 10% to 25% off the retail price of brand name drugs at over 68,000 participating pharmacies nationwide including Safeway, CVS, Duane Reade, Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens, Rite Aid and many more.
- Members have access to an interactive website that allows users to locate the nearest participating pharmacy and accurately check the current costs of drugs. Even if members have prescription benefits through a Health Insurance carrier, a comparison of costs between the two programs should be performed to determine the most savings.
- By utilizing this powerful tool, members can make educated cost-saving decisions.
Saves members 10%–80% off regular retail pricing at over 3,000 certified labs nationwide.
The ChooseHealthy® program provides members with savings on a wide variety of specialty health and wellness services.
- Members save 25% on services from specialty health care providers. The ChooseHealthy program’s full musculoskeletal provider network features more than 70,000 participating providers nationwide.
- Members can also choose from more than 9,000 participating fitness centers and YMCAs with the Active&Fit Direct program for $25 a month (plus a $25 enrollment fee and applicable taxes).
Please note that the ChooseHealthy program is not insurance. The ChooseHealthy program provides for discounts from specialty health care providers. You are obligated to pay for all services from those providers, but will receive a discount from them for included services. The ChooseHealthy program also includes the Active&Fit Direct™ program, which provides discounted access to fitness centers and YMCAs. The ChooseHealthy program does not make any payments directly to participating providers or to the Active&Fit Direct program. The ChooseHealthy program has no liability for providing or guaranteeing services and assumes no liability for the quality of services rendered. Discounts on products and services available through the ChooseHealthy program are subject to change; please consult the website for current availability. The Active&Fit Direct program is available to members and up to 3 dependents 18 years and older. The programs described above are provided by ChooseHealthy, Inc. and American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., subsidiaries of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH). ChooseHealthy, Active&Fit and Active&Fit Direct are trademarks of ASH and used with permission herein. Other names and logos may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Careington POS Dental Network—Dental
Members may take advantage of savings offered by an industry leader in dental care. Careington International Corporation is one of the most recognized professional dental networks in the nation and boasts one of the largest dental networks nationally with a focus on neighborhood dentists. Careington networks are a leader in member-transparent pricing with robust fee schedules.
Careington Dental Plan Features:
- Save 20% to 50% on most dental procedures including routine oral exams, unlimited cleanings, and major work such as dentures, root canals, and crowns
- 20% savings on orthodontics including braces and retainers for children and adults
- 20% reduction on specialist’s normal fees. Specialties include: Endodontics, Oral Surgery, Pediatric Dentistry, Periodontics, and Prosthodontics where available
- Cosmetic dentistry such as bonding and veneers also included
- All dentists must meet highly selective credentialing standards based on education, background, license standing and other requirements
- Members may visit any participating dentist on the plan and change providers at any time
|Procedure Description||RegularCost*||PlanCost**||Savings Amount||Savings Percent|
|Extensive Oral Exam||$136||$56||$80||59%|
|Four Bitewing X-Rays||$89||$42||$47||53%|
|Composite (White) Filling||$210||$98||$112||53%|
|Crown (porcelain fused to noble metal)||$1,498||$804||$694||46%|
|Complete Upper Denture||$2,152||$1,067||$1,085||50%|
|Molar Root Canal||$1,459||$777||$682||47%|
|Extraction (single tooth)||$255||$109||$146||57%|
*Regular cost is based on the national average of the 80th percentile usual and customary rates as detailed in the 2015 FairHealth Report in the Los Angeles, Orlando, Chicago and New York City metropolitan statistical areas. **These fees represent the average of the assigned Careington Care POS fees in the Los Angeles, Orlando, Chicago and New York City metropolitan statistical areas. Prices subject to change.
Members save 5% to 30% off the retail price of eyewear with the Superior Vision discount program. Members are eligible for discounts on exams, eyeglasses, contact lenses, and LASIK at more than 40,000 participating provider locations. Comprehensive eye exams can help detect signs of serious health conditions like glaucoma, diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
|Service||Regular Cost**||Plan Cost||Typical Member Savings|
|Single Vision Lenses||$80||$40||$40|
Washington State Residents
WA residents only: Members save 20% to 40% off the retail price of eyewear with the EyeMed Vision Care Access Plan D discount program through the Access network. Members are eligible for discounts on exams, eyeglasses and contact lenses from more than 90,000 providers nationwide including independent optometrists, ophthalmologists, opticians and leading optical retailers such as LensCrafters®, Sears Optical®, Target Optical®, JCPenney® Optical and most Pearle Vision® locations.
*Not available in WA.**Represents national average retail costs comparing to Member Fee Schedule. The actual savings may vary based on amount purchased and location. This plan is not insurance.
LASIK Vision Correction*
- Members will receive savings of 40% to 50% off the overall national average cost for Traditional LASIK surgery through QualSight or receive significant savings on newer procedures like Custom Bladeless (all laser) LASIK.
- QualSight has more than 1,000 locations, so members can choose the provider and the LASIK procedure that meet their vision care needs.
- QualSight is contracted with credentialed and experienced providers who have collectively performed over 7 million procedures.
|Special Member Prices|
Free enhancements for 1 year
Free enhancements for life
Free enhancements for life
Washington State Residents
Special Member Prices***
- Traditional LASIK – bladeless
Free enhancements for 1 year $695* per eye
- Traditional LASIK – bladeless
Free enhancements for life $1,395 per eye
- Custom LASIK – bladeless
Free enhancements for life $1,895 per eye
Receive significant savings when you choose any of the 600+ locations nationwide.****
- Members receive exclusive savings through LASIKPlus.
- All other in-network providers extend discounts of 15% off standard prices or 5% off promotional prices.
*Product not available in MT or in WA. The QualSight program is not an insured program. **Nearsightedness better than -2, with astigmatism better than -1 and other restrictions may apply.***Special member prices only available through LasikPlus ****WA clients only. Careington receives utilization revenues when member purchases discounted services from National LASIK Network.
Careington members have access to hearing aid discounts from 30% to 60% at over 5,000 network providers nationwide. The latest in hearing aid technology by name brand manufacturers is available.
EPIC offers a service satisfaction guarantee: Members have a 45-day, no-obligation trial period on products purchased. If members are not completely satisfied, their money will be refunded (less applicable professional service fees).
Members can unlock additional savings by completing four fun, educational activities, which include:
- A brief video about hearing health
- A quiz about hearing loss
- An online hearing screening identifying signs of hearing loss
- Information about the stages of hearing loss and hearing gain technology
After completing these activities, members will receive a congratulatory email with a reward coupon that can be applied to a hearing aid purchase through EPIC Hearing Healthcare. (Members can earn wellness reward savings up to $400 off the purchase of two hearing aid devices.)
Members will also receive additional services at no extra charge:
- Routine hearing test
- One-year to a lifetime supply of batteries per instrument (per hearing aid)*
- Extended, three-year manufacturer’s warranty including loss or damage (standard is one to two years)
- Follow-up visits for one year (valued at $439, assuming no greater than six visits)
- Pricing starting as low as $495 for digital, brand name hearing aids (including the professional services)
Washington State Residents
- Save 40% on diagnostic services, including hearing exams, at over 3,800 provider locations nationwide.
- Hearing aid low price guarantee: If you should find the same product at a lower price, bring us the local quote and we’ll not only match it, we’ll beat it by 5%!
- 2 years of free batteries (80 cells per hearing aid, per year)
*Not available in WA. **Lifetime supply of batteries for premium hearing aids only. ***WA residents only. Careington receives utilization revenues when member purchases discounted services from Amplifon.
THIS PLAN IS NOT INSURANCE and is not intended to replace health insurance. This plan does not meet the minimum creditable coverage requirements under M.G.L. c.111M and 956 CMR 5.00. This plan is not a Qualified Health Plan under the Affordable Care Act. This is not a Medicare prescription drug plan. The range of discounts will vary depending on the type of provider and service. The plan does not pay providers directly. Plan members must pay for all services but will receive a discount from participating providers. The list of participating providers is at https://altruahealthshare.org/resources/affiliated-providers. A written list of participating providers is available upon request. Discount Plan Organization and administrator: Careington International Corporation, 7400 Gaylord Parkway, Frisco, TX 75034; phone 800-441-0380.
This plan is not available in Vermont.