If we change just a few things about our routines and put weight control at the forefront of our minds all year long, we can always be at our best shape.
Don’t worry, it’s never too late to start, the sooner you begin to implement changes the better. Weight control is necessary for your waistline goals, but it’s also an essential part of healthy living. There is nothing better for our bodies and minds than to be comfortable in our skin and to feel secure and healthy.
Be sure to download and print out our Tips for Summer Weight Loss PDF for easy viewing. Hang them up in the kitchen, or somewhere you can be reminded of them every day.
Benefits of Maintaining a Healthy Weight
- Lower risk of heart disease
- Lower risk of diabetes
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower risk of strokes
- Lower rates of depression
- Lower levels of stress
- Stronger immune system
- Relieve back and joint tension | Increased energy
Don’t give up!
Weight Loss doesn’t have to seem like a strenuous chore if you dedicate yourself to making a lifestyle change instead of making it feel like you’re putting yourself on a diet. Instead of telling yourself, you can’t have this or that, try telling yourself that you are adding value to your day by going on a jog or choosing one ingredient over another. When you train your brain to feel like you’re giving and not taking, then weight loss doesn’t seem like a chore. This mindset doesn’t happen overnight. You will occasionally fall off the wagon, but don’t worry! When that happens, jump right back and add more healthy habits into your routine. Here are our tips to help you achieve summer weight loss:
Weight Loss Tips:
- Wake up with Water (preferably Lemon Water) – the electrolytes from lemons will help to keep you hydrated.
- Drink Coffee (preferably black) – coffee is a diuretic and helps flush out toxins.
- Water throughout the entire day – water is great way to feel full and avoid the risk of overindulging.
- Snack Smart – create a “go to” list and a “no to” list and stay the course, my friend.
- Limit Sugary and Processed Foods – Once in a while is ok, but moderation is always a wise decision.
- Use Smaller Plates -It’s ok to finish your plate, just make it a smaller plate.
- Junk the Juice – Try eating the whole piece of fruit instead of drinking the juice
- Aim for Four Servings of Vegetables per Day – Fiber is excellent for your gut biome and vegetables are full of fiber.
- Workout for at Least 30 Minutes Each Day – The hormones produced from exercise will boost your metabolism.
- Aim to exercise in the morning – Start your day by revving up your metabolism early.
- Take an ‘Alcoholiday’ – A break from alcohol helps our bodies in many ways including giving your liver a rest and detoxifying. Try doing this for a few days, 30 days or longer!
- Get Good Sleep – Lack of sleep forces your body to look for and crave carbs as an energy boost.
- Get Some Early Morning Sun – A dose of vitamin D can help boost your metabolism.
- Hang a Mirror in your Kitchen – If you have to see yourself eat junk food, you might not eat it.
- Bake/Cook with Coconut Oil – It’s pure and loaded with healthy, essential fats.
- Cook with Herbs – Spices make food taste better without adding sweeteners.
- Drink Green Tea – Green tea increases fat burning!
- Work Near a Window – Low light can make you feel sad and want to eat.
- Avoid Multitasking While Eating – Be intentional when it comes to food.
- Weigh Yourself Once a week. Use your scale like an accountability partner.
These helpful tips give you the tools to add healthier habits into your daily routine and achieve your summer weight loss goal. Don’t forget, summer weight loss happens all year long. If you can harness the power of the mind your body has to obey. Once these tips become a part of your daily life, maintaining your goal weight will feel like a breeze!