Taking time for yourself is essential to your emotional and physical health.
There are several ways to practice self-care. Start by choosing an activity that brings you joy and leaves you feeling refreshed. Explore these ideas or come up with your own list.
- Engage in one of your favorite hobbies
- Take a moment to stretch or move your body
- Treat yourself to a healthy meal
- Connect with friend or loved one
- Listen to music that inspires you
- Get creative with an art project
- Give yourself an hour extra of sleep
Practicing self-care is an ongoing effort, not just a one-time thing. Identify a few times in your day or week where you can pause and focus inwards.
You may even start to notice that the more you take time for yourself, the more you can be present and recharged for what life brings your way.
Psychology Today. Self-Care: 12 Ways to Take Better Care of Yourself.