Summer brings a sense of fun times and nostalgia for most of us, hot nights, cookouts, swimming, and spending time with friends are all things brought on by this special season.
Another summer delight are peaches! Luscious and delicious, velvety, soft, and packed full of nutrients and antioxidants! Peaches are a good source of Vitamin A, C, E, and K, as well as Potassium, Niacin, and many other vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds. So, peaches are delicious, nutritious, and around all summer long!
Why not make the most of them? Below are 3 Exciting Ways to Use Summer Peaches.
Be sure to download our PDF for easy viewing.
Peach salsa is a great appetizer or snack for the summertime. It’s colorful, flavorful, and delicious. Not to mention, a breeze to make!
What You Will Need
- 1 ½ cup ripe peaches, diced
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 Tbsp Jalapeño, finely minced
- ¼ cup yellow pepper or green pepper, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerate.
Peach Spinach Salad
Who says your salad can’t be slightly sweet? This peach & spinach salad recipe is a great way to add a little extra flavor to your day! It’s also a great way to incorporate this nutritious fruit into your diet. Like our peach leather recipe, this one is also versatile, so depending on what’s on sale and available in the grocery store, you can swap peaches for strawberries or blueberries.
What You Will Need
- 4-6 cups of organic spinach
- 2 large peaches, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbles
- ½ cup sliced toasted almonds
For the Dressing
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Sugar (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinaigrette, olive oil, minced garlic, Dijon, salt, and pepper.
- Add the spinach to a large bowl and drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over it. Toss together to combine.
- Top salad with peach slices, diced avocado, red onion, goat cheese crumbles, and roasted almonds. Toss gently.
- Serve immediately, eat, and enjoy!
Homemade Peach Leather
Peach leather is the jerky of the summer! Dehydrated fruit is a great snack, and although it tends to be pricey at most stores, you can make it right from the comfort of your own home for a fraction of the cost. Once you have it down, get creative! This recipe can be used for almost any fruit, and you can even mix them.
What You Will Need
- Agave nectar
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees F or the lowest temperature your oven will go. Line a 11 x 17 baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Remove the skins and pits of your peaches and discard. Chop the peaches into squares.
- Place the chopped peaches into a blender and add agave and honey.
- Puree the fruit until smooth.
- Pour fruit mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread to about a 1/8″ thick.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 6-8 hours, until the pan is set and the center is not tacky.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature. Gently peel off the fruit leather from the parchment paper.
- Cut into squares or strips using a pizza cutter, knife, or scissors. Store in an air-tight container
- Eat, and enjoy!
We hope these delicious recipes get you excited about incorporating peaches into more of your dishes!
Be sure to print out our PDF with step by step instructions for easy viewing.Discover More
Amy, et al. “Homemade Fruit Leather Recipe.” Two Peas & Their Pod, 27 Mar. 2019, www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/homemade-fruit-leather/.
“Peach Salsa Recipe.” She Wears Many Hats, 25 Feb. 2019, shewearsmanyhats.com/peach-salsa-recipe/.
“Summer Peach Spinach Salad with Avocado.” Ambitious Kitchen, 6 Oct. 2019, www.ambitiouskitchen.com/summer-peach-spinach-salad/.
“Peaches: Benefits, Nutrition, and Diet Tips.” Medical News Today, MediLexicon International, www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/274620.