They say, “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.”
Well, we second that!
There’s nothing better on a hot, summer day than sipping a tall glass of lemonade. Not only are they delicious, but lemons also promote hydration, aid in digestion, and are a great source of Vitamin C. Although lemonade is a highly sought after staple during the warm season, most prepackaged lemonade is full of artificial sweeteners. Imagine giving your kids a whole bag of gummy worms, the sugar rush from just one glass of grocery store-bought lemonade can be about the same amount of sugar. Not only that, but those sweeteners have been known to cause all kinds of health problems. By taking a little time to make your own, you can ensure that your family is not ingesting any of the chemicals found in artificial sweeteners and can enjoy the delectable taste of fresh-squeezed lemons.
We have the perfect lemonade recipe for you, so check out our downloadable PDF recipe and share it with your friends.Download PDF
Same Great Taste
When did lemonade get so complicated? Aspartame, citric acid, maltodextrin, and calcium phosphate are all artificial sweeteners commonly found in processed lemonade. Throw out the fake stuff and bring back the great taste you know and love by following this simple homemade healthy lemonade recipe:
What You Will Need
- 5 cups of water
- ⅓ – ½ cup of honey (or healthy sweetener of choice)
- 1 ¼ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 5 – 6 large lemons)
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup of water and 1/3 cup of honey and turn heat to medium. This is called simple syrup, and it prevents a big clump of honey (or sugar) sitting at the bottom of the pitcher while you stir forever to get it to dissolve.
- Once the honey is dissolved (this may take up to 5 minutes), pour it into the bottom of a half-gallon pitcher or glass jar.
- Add the lemon juice and the remaining 4 cups of water and stir well.
- Taste and adjust sweetener, if desired.
- Serve cold or over ice
- Pour, sip, and enjoy!
By using nature’s ingredients, you just made delicious, natural, and chemical-free lemonade in almost no time!
If you love this recipe, be sure to download our PDF and share it with your friends.